Microsoft Outlook is an email client, which is mainly employed to create emails, contacts, calendar events, notes, journals etc. In Outlook all the data is saved in one particular file referred to as PST file. Occasionally the PST file will get corrupt and after that, it does not let you access Outlook items. Then you can definitely utilize inbox repair tool that’s furnished with your computer system, to repair the corrupted or damaged PST file. However, it will not repair the corrupted PST file, in the event the corruption is severe.
The inbox repair tool can be referred to as Scanpst.exe. It was created especially to repair corrupted PST file. But sometimes inbox repair tool not responding thus Outlook users cannot repair PST by using this tool. This can be attractive only in some common scenarios, like PST header corruption. For most of the cases, you’ll want to fix Outlook PST files on Outlook 2002, 2003, 2010 and also other versions of Outlook.
Some of the important circumstances in which you may lose emails and other data from your Outlook because of PST file corruption are explained below.
- PST file has two parts, header part and data part. The header part contains whole information associated with a file including the location of a file, file size, file creation date etc. When the header part gets corrupted, then you cannot access data from Outlook since the Outlook refers it as being a whole file is getting corrupted. However, the information is present there only and you will ensure it is as accessible by utilizing some alternative party utility.
- Another reason for PST file damage is the virus attack. The virus can corrupt files partially or sometimes it may delete the whole file. A virus can occur due to browsing of some 3rd party websites and download the software program from the unauthorized sites. It might slow down your personal machine operation.
- A file sharing on the network could also lead to PST file corruption. If a couple of users accessing exactly the same PST file specifically in offices might cause its corruption.
- Unexpected shutdown of one’s computer could also lead to PST file corruption. In the event that if you have turned off a computer without closing Outlook application, the Outlook file can get corrupt. Therefore before doing a shutdown of laptop or computer system, make sure that all running applications are closed.
- File system damage also causes data loss from the Outlook. The file system might get corrupt on account of a virus attack or improper shutdown of the computer.
In all these above-mentioned scenarios, the most suitable choice is with Outlook PST repair software. This application is developed and designed especially to fix Outlook inbox error. It supports all versions of Outlook including Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2010, 2013, 2016 etc. It’s also possible to take advantage of this software to recover emails which can be emptied from the deleted items folder and repair highly compressed PST files. It is user-friendly that’s you won’t have any problem when using this application. The demo sort of this software is available. Therefore you can download the demo version of this software within your computer and look at the functions of the software before purchasing the complete version of the software.