CMD stands for Command Prompt. It is an interface through which users can perform certain actions by entering commands in it. Sometimes, Windows users use this command for deleting files from the computer. The files that are deleted using this command will not be stored in Recycle Bin as it bypasses it.
What exactly happens when you delete any files using Command Prompt?
The files that are deleted using command prompt are not deleted permanently from the hard drive. Deleted files actually remain intact to its original location on the hard drive. Only the pointer accessing to that file is removed from file allocation and even the OS fails to locate it on the hard drive. The file system tells OS to store any new data on it as it shows free available space. If you overwrite anything on that hard drive then there might be a high possibility of permanent loss of files.
Hence, it is always recommended to avoid usage of the hard drive after ant types of deletion. If you really need those files back, you should use excellent file recovery software before it gets overwritten by new data. So, you can make use of Win Data Recovery software to recover file deleted from CMD. As this software comes with inbuilt with advanced algorithms which scan the system hard drive thoroughly and restore files deleted from CMD.
- Always maintain a regular backup of valuable files on some storage device to avoid such issues.
- Be careful and watchful while deleting files using Command Prompt.
Features of Win Data Recovery software:
- Win Data Recovery software recovers all files that are deleted using Windows Command Prompt.
- Apart from restoring files that are deleted using Windows Command Prompt, it can also deal with any file deletion scenarios such as deletion of files using Shift+ Delete keys; files deleted using cut and paste command, emptying Recycle Bin, etc.
- It also recovers file deleted from cmd
- This software is compatible with recovering files from all latest versions of Windows operating system such as Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc.
Steps to recover deleted files from CMD:
- Download and install the demo version of the software on your computer.
- Launch the software and start the recovery process by following the steps displayed on the screen.
- Now from next screen select Recover Deleted Files and then select your logical drive from which you want to recover deleted files using a command prompt.
- After that you need to click on next button and the software will start the recovering process from a command prompt.
- Once the recovery process is over, you can preview the recovered results using Preview option.