The probability of occurrence of the word “lost” on Mac is least. But even then, there are certain situations where your files may get lost from your well secured Mac operating system. Deletion / loss of data on Mac may happen due to various factors. Some are known and some situations are unknown. So, it’s better to follow the below preventions to avoid permanent loss of your data on Mac OS.
- Do not perform, any read or write operation until you find a proper way to retrieve your lost files as that would make your recovery chances bleak.
- If your Hard Disk Drive has more space, don’t empty files from the Trash often as it may help you when accidental deletion happens.
- Always, use a reliable “Mac lost file recovery” application to get back lost files.
Some of the Reasons which Cause Loss of Files on Mac:
- Enabling “Auto-Delete” option on Mac (Mail Box): Enabling this option on the Outlook causes automatic deletion of spammed mail regularly from the “mail box”. If, you had select some of the important mail as a spam on your pre-installed Apple mail application on Mac OS. This causes deletion of those spam mail without prior notice, which results in loss.
- Deletion of Files from Trash: When you delete a file without noticing what you are deleting actually, you may lose the file. Unintentional deletion is something common. Like when you accidentally delete some unwanted files along with a valuable document, the deleted files would go to Trash. And if you still don’t notice those files on Trash and without thinking and checking if you empty the Trash, there are chances of you losing your valuable files on Mac.
- Formatting the Mac Volumes: Take the situation, if you are formatting your Mac volume / drive without maintaining proper backup. It may result in loss of data.
- Uninstalling of the Application: Suppose, if you are uninstalling an application / program, all the files related to that software will be completed erased. This results in loss of file on Mac.
- Other Factors: There are many other reasons by which your files may get lost. Such are forceful system shutdown, MBR corruption, file system corruption, problems relating OS, Bad sectors, journal corruption, Command + Delete etc.
Advanced Features of the software:
Mac lost file recovery is compatible on all Operating Systems of Mac like 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7, Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite.It can recover your lost files easily as it has 280+ signatures and has a deeper search algorithm which can find all of your deleted / lost files easily in Mac.You can “preview” the recovered file on trial version of the tool and perform the actual recovery to save those file by purchasing the licensed version of the application.This application supports both HFS and HFS+ file systems. It is compatible with all kinds of external drives and USB devices.Mac lost file recovery utility is simple and easy to use GUI. This can help even new Mac users to recover their files easily.